- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, add olive oil, butter, onions, sugar and salt.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until onions are caramelized.
- Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes to onions and cook for 1-2 minutes; set aside and cool completely.
- Caramelized onions can be prepared a day in advance.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to a 12 inch square.
- Place onion mixture in the center and top with the wheel of brie.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with egg and fold over Brie, making sure to enclose Brie completely in dough.
- Press all seams together.
- Place on baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush top and sides of the pastry with egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Bake ahead of time and warm in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving :
220 calories, 16 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 7 g protein