- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add apricots, cut side down, and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Turn apricots and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add apricot preserves, balsamic vinegar and pepper and bring to a low boil; simmer 3 minutes or until mixture has a glaze-like consistency.
- Add apricots to mixture.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in dish and bake 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining glaze over chicken.
Tip: Chicken is less likely to raise your blood sugar when it’s skinless and deboned.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per chicken breast:
200 calories, 5 g fat, 1.1 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol,60 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 24 g protein, 330 mg potassium