- Cut pears into thin slices; drain well on paper towels.
- Preheat electric oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream butter, the 2/3 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Mix in flour and nuts.
- Press evenly into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes; cool.
- Beat cream cheese with eggs, the 1/2 cup sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour onto cooled crust.
- Place pear slices on cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 16 servings.
Approximate nutrient analysis per serving:
320 calories, 17 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 25 g sugar, 6 g protein