- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add sausage.
- Cook, stirring as needed until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion, green onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic and continue to cook 5 minutes longer, or until vegetables have softened.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add crumbled cornbread.
- Stir in the sausage and vegetables, Cajun-Creole Seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne and chicken broth.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Coat bottom and sides of a 15-by-10-inch baking pan with some melted butter.
- Drizzle remaining butter over cornbread mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to casserole dish and bake for 50 minutes, stirring and scraping the bottom every 20 minutes with a wooden spoon to distribute the browned bits and keep it from sticking, until golden brown.
Makes 15 cups.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per cup:
300 calories, 16 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 1000 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 10 g protein