- Combine all three nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients (except additional 1/4 cup coconut flakes for rolling) to the food processor and process until the mixture comes together and starts to stick, about 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Pour remaining coconut flakes into a dish.
- Roll nut mixture into 1-inch balls then roll in coconut flakes.
- Eat them as is or transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for about an hour to harden, then wrap individually for easy snacking.
- To store, refrigerate in an airtight container or freeze for up to 4 months.
Makes 9 energy bites.
TIP: Coconut flakes with a little honey can be substituted as the binding and sweetener in place of coconut butter.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per Coconut bite (not including tip substitution):
160 calories, 13 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 3 g protein