- In a medium stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add ginger, carrots, curry powder, vegetable broth, evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer; cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- When the carrots are soft, carefully blend with an immersion blender (or in a blender) until the carrots are smooth.
- Return carrot mixture to pot and add coconut milk and yellow curry paste.
- Stir until well blended.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add kosher salt, then taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Great topped w garlic pickled carrots and/or vegetables too.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
110 calories, 4.5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 3 g protein