- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, polenta and cook over low heat until polenta is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and season with salt.
- Pour hot polenta into a baking dish cover and let stand until firm, about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine chili, beans, corn, green chilies, and garlic in a separate pot.
- Cook over medium-high heat until warmed through, about 8-10 minutes.
- When polenta is set cut it into 12 squares (depending on size of your baking dish).
- Brush with olive oil and grill over medium-high heat until crisp and lightly charred, 5 minutes per side.
- Spoon over hot chili and serve.
Makes 12 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
300 calories, 12 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 10 g protein