- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine crust ingredients.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until dough leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Press onto bottom of 10-inch spring form pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- In the same bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cream cheese, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Place apples in another bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom; toss to coat.
- Arrange apples in concentric circles over filling, pressing narrow end of apple slices into cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds; continue baking 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely.
- Remove rim from spring form pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Makes 12 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
370 calories, 23 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g sugar, 5 g protein