- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup of milk for 5 minutes.
- In a small pot, bring remaining milk to a boil; add dissolved gelatin to boiling milk, stirring.
- Turn off heat, stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in honey, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Pour 1/4 cup into each papaya half.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator overnight.
- Top with orange slices or seasonal fruit.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Before filling, make sure papaya halves sit level, slicing the bottom to create a flat surface if necessary.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
170 calories, 2.5 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g sugar, 5 g protein