- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray and flour a large baking sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add orange zest to dry ingredients.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut the cold butter into flour mixture until particles are size of small peas.
- Fold in dried cranberries to flour mixture.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of half and half cream and vanilla extract to mixture.
- Blend until dough forms.
- Do not over mix dough.
- With floured hands, pat dough to a 1-inch thickness onto a floured board.
- With a floured cutter of your desired shape, cut out and place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly brush top of scones a little of the remaining half and half cream.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar on top of each scone to taste.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Makes 24 scones.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per scone:
180 calories, 10 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 2 g protein