- Household Tips and Resources
- Rebates through Hawaii Energy
- Calculate Energy Consumption
- Energy Savings Toolkits
- Energy Saving for Businesses
- Time of Use Program
- Demand Response
Calculate Energy Consumption
By being aware of which appliances in your home use the most energy, you can help control your energy costs by using them more sparingly.
Here are some general guidelines:
- The biggest energy users in Hawaii are water heaters, refrigerator/freezers, air conditioners and swimming pools.
- Small appliances and electronic equipment are economical to operate.
- Most appliances manufactured before 1980 are less energy efficient.
- Check the yellow Energy Guide labels when you buy a new appliance to compare energy consumption.
For more information, call Hawaiian Electric Company at 543-7511.