- In a medium bowl, mix filling ingredients together; set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix dipping sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put about 1 cup water in a small bowl.
- Place about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling mixture in center of wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wrapper with water, fold and press to seal.
- Moisten top surface of rim, pleat and press again.
- Place finished gyoza on baking sheet.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, coat bottom of pan with oil and heat on medium.
- Place gyoza on rounded-side down and fry for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add about 1/2 cup water to pan and cover.
- Cook until water is evaporated and gyoza is cooked.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Place cooked gyoza on a platter and serve with dipping sauce.
Makes 24 pieces.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 6 gyoza serving (Based on extra firm tofu and without Dipping Sauce):
300 calories, 17 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 13 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per Tablespoon dipping sauce (not including added oil):
5 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 0 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 1 g protein