- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put the rolled oats in a food processor and process until the oats resemble flour.
- Put the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Put chia seeds in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons water and stir to form a gel.
- Set aside.
- Remove the skin of the baked sweet potato and add the flesh to the food processor or blender (no need to clean it out from the flour).
- Add water and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the bowl of oat flour and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar and chia seed gel and mix very well.
- Then, mix in 1 cup of sweet potato puree.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the apple chunks.
- Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with oats and a bit of coconut sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy them fresh out of the oven or store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tip: Apples are one of the few fruits that like to be stored in the refrigerator. Keep them in the crisper drawer with a damp paper towel over their tops.
Tip: To core apples quicker and to save more of your fruit use your melon baller to scoop out the seeds. Press down firmly so the baller digs into the flesh and then twist to make the circle.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
140 calories, 6 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 2 g protein