- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, pork, salt, pepper, onion, rice, and half a can of tomato sauce.
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to boil.
- Place cabbage leaves in boiling water for 4 minutes and drain.
- Place drained leaves on a plate and spoon equal parts of meat mixture in center of each leaf, roll them up tight.
- Place seam down in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, add remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over cabbage rolls, cover with lid, and let simmer for about an hour.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per cabbage roll:
170 calories, 10 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 9 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 2 cabbage rolls:
350 calories, 19 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 1000 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 18 g protein