- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and cook uncovered until the ketchup has reduced and thickened, 6-7 hours.
- Using an immersion blender or a food processor, puree the ketchup to your desired consistency.
- Transfer ketchup to sterilized canning jars and process for long term storage or use other containers and store in the fridge once cooled.
- Mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for 10 days.
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups.
Tip: Try different flavored ketchups. Add in other seasonings to taste to give a kick to your homemade ketchup, such as curry powder, chipotle chili powder, grated fresh ginger, or a sriracha and honey mixture.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 2 Tablespoon serving:
35 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 1 g protein