- Place apples in a slow cooker.
- Then add in sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt, stirring to combine.
- Cook in slow cooker on LOW for about 10 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover, stir in vanilla and continue cooking uncovered on LOW for about 2 hours.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree apple butter until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into sterilized canning jars, cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks or process for long term storage.
- Serve on breads, muffins, pork chops, or ice cream.
Makes 4 pints.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 2 Tablespoon serving (not including breads, pork chops, or ice cream):
45 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 0 g protein