- Place mochi rice in a bowl and cover with water; set aside for 1 hour.
- Rinse Cornish game hens and place 1 piece ginseng, 1 clove garlic, 2 pieces chestnuts, 1 piece jujube, and half of the drained mochi rice into each hen; sew up or tie up the opening of hen.
- Place chicken stock and remaining garlic and jujube into a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt, then reduce temperature to a simmer.
- Add in hens and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve 1 hen and half of the remaining liquid as 1 portion in a bowl; serve plain salt as a side condiment if needed.
Makes 2 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (low sodium chicken stock and not including salt to taste):
1100 calories, 47 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, 350 mg cholesterol, greater than 2500 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 72 g protein