- Pierce chicken thighs with a knife in several places.
- In a bowl, marinate chicken in vinegar with brown sugar and chili pepper for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil, add garlic, and caramelize onion over medium heat just until partly cooked 3-4 minutes; onion should still be a little crunchy.
- Drain on paper towels and reserve.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a shallow baking dish; drain chicken thighs and pat dry.
- Rub chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Place rosemary sprigs on the bottom of baking dish and arrange chicken on top.
- Roast 30-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and cool until you can handle it; remove skin, bone thighs and cut chicken into poke-size chunks.
- In a serving bowl, lightly toss together all ingredients.
- Serve over hot rice.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (and not including salt to taste or rice):
540 calories, 40 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 185 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 33 g protein