- Heat to 350°F.
- Grease two 8-by-4-inch loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in macadamia nuts; set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in half of the flour-nut mixture until blended.
- Stir in pineapple and its juice.
- Slowly add papaya to mixture.
- Stir in remaining flour-nut mixture until blended.
- Divide batter between the loaf pans and smooth the tops.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until bread tests done using a toothpick.
- Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then turn out on wire racks to cool.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
330 calories, 15 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g sugar, 5 g protein