- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Cut pumpkin into evenly-sized pieces and coat in 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Transfer pumpkin to a food processor.
- Add tahini, salt, chili, garlic, and lemon juice to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the paste is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water or until desired consistency.
- Transfer hummus to a spooky dark bowl, smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh parsley.
- Serve with toasted pita or black bean chips.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including pita or chips):
210 calories, 19 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 2 g protein