Mongoose Mango Shortbread
Featured in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser on June 30, 2010.
1 1/4 cups butter
1 cup sugar
4 cups flour
1/4 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups chopped mango
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour.
- Press 1/2 of the mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon; fold in mangoes.
- Pour mango mixture over crust.
- Spread the remaining crust mixture over mangoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 24 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
230 calories, 10 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 2 g protein
Leave a review
Excellent recipe, everyone loved it.
by ANONYMOUS on 3/16/2022