- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring cream to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in butter until melted.
- Add chocolate, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper; stir gently until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate until firm about 3-4 hours.
- Using a 1-inch melon baller scoop mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder to coat.
Makes about 30 truffles.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per truffle:
50 calories, 3.5 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 0 g protein