- In a food processor, pulse cabbage until finely chopped, squeeze firmly over sink to remove excess liquid.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir in cabbage, pork, scallions, chives, shoyu, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Prepare baking sheet covered with slightly damp paper towel to place your sealed dumplings.
- Remove mixing bowl from the refrigerator.
- Holding a single wrapper in your hand, spoon 2 teaspoons of filling into wrapper, fold wrapper in half to form a half-moon, seal dumpling using wet fingertips to pinch edges.
- Place sealed dumpling on prepared baking sheet, repeat process until all filling mix is used.
- Put 1 inch of water in a pot, (be sure water does not touch bottom of steamer), bring water to a boil over high heat.
- In a bamboo steamer arrange dumplings in a single layer in each basket stack; cover and place in pot.
- Reduce heat to medium and steam for 5-10 minutes or until wrappers are slightly translucent.
- Repeat until all dumplings are steamed.
- In a small bowl mix together shoyu, rice vinegar, scallions, black pepper and sesame seeds. Serve over hot dumplings.
Makes 40 dumplings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per dumplings:
40 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 2 g protein