- Make a slit on the top of the leeks and wash well in between the leaves.
- Attach them in a bundle with kitchen twine and wrap butcher style (wrap around twice and knotted).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add salt and plunge leeks in water for about 5-10 minutes until cooked but still firm.
- Remove leeks from boiling water and plunge them in an ice bath for a few minutes to stop the cooking and retain its color.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard and vinegar.
- Add oil slowly to make a sauce.
- Lay leeks on plate; sprinkle eggs on top and pour vinaigrette over.
- Garnish with parsley and chives.
- Serve warm or cold as an appetizer.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
330 calories, 23 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 6 g protein