- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the beef, onions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes or until the beef is cooked through, drain excess liquid from the pan.
- Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chili pepper flakes and 2 teaspoons oregano.
- Bring the pan to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ricotta, remaining salt, pepper, oregano, and the basil.
- Stir to mix well.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing firmly in the bottom and up the sides.
- Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups.
- Next, using half of the beef and tomato sauce mixture, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer.
- Repeat the process ending with olives and shredded mozzarella on top as garnish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Makes 12 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
210 calories, 11 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 14 g protein