- Peel the bulb-like stem of the kohlrabi, being sure to remove all the fibrous outside until you get to the juicy crisp portion of the stem.
- Cut into thick sticks, about 1/2 inch wide and about 2 inches long.
- In a heavy skillet, place flour in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, if desired, and quickly toss the kohlrabi sticks in the mixture to lightly coat.
- Carefully add the kohlrabi to the heated oil in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, turning only once.
- Drain on paper towels, and immediately sprinkle with garam marsala or seasoning of your choice.
- Serve hot.
Makes 5 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 4 tablespoons oil and not including salt to taste):
120 calories, 11 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol,10 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 1 g protein