- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Squeeze excess liquid from mushrooms, bean sprouts, and kim chee; mince and place in a large bowl.
- Squeeze excess liquid from tofu; add to bowl with ground poultry, onion, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of mixture in center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wrapper with water.
- Fold in half; pinch edges together to seal.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add the sesame seed oil.
- Drop mun doo into boiling water; cook until mun doo floats.
- Drain well.
- Makes 5 dozen mun doo.
- Mun doo may added to soup or fried.
- To fry, heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet.
- Add mun doo and fry on both sides.
- Add 2 tablespoons water; cover, and cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- Parboiled mun doo can be frozen for later use.
- Mun Doo Dipping Sauce In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 1 tablespoon sugar, mix well.
Makes about 1/3 cup.
*Korean hot, spicy preserved vegetables that have been allowed to ferment for a week or two so they have a tangy flavor.