- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, roast sesame seeds over low heat until they start to pop (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove seeds from heat; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, water and honey over low heat, stirring often until sugar is melted, making sure that the syrup does not burn.
- Remove from heat when the syrup is thick (about 5-7 minutes).
- Immediately pour sesame seeds into syrup, mixing to combine.
- Spread the sesame seed and syrup mixture onto baking sheet.
- Place another piece of parchment paper on top and gently roll with a rolling pin to flatten the top of the candy.
- Let candy cool about 5 minutes and remove parchment paper, then cut with a sharp knife into 1-inch squares or smaller rectangles.
- Grease the knife to make it easier to cut.
- Cool completely and enjoy or store in an airtight container.
Makes 18 pieces.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
140 calories, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 2 g protein