- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the meat from the oyster and rinse in cold water, removing any shell fragments.
- Discard the flat top half of the shell and keep the lower bowl-shaped half, rinsing them out as well.
- Dry the meat by patting between 2 paper towel sheets.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, sesame oil, miso paste and peppers together.
- Set aside.
- Place the shells on a baking sheet or arrange them in a shallow pan as level as you can.
- Place oysters into the shell and cover with thick layer of mayonnaise mixture.
- Place in the oven on the top rack and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The tops should be a nice dark brown when done.
- Remove oysters from the oven, placing about 1/2 teaspoon of oroshi and green onions to garnish.
Makes 3 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per oyster:
120 calories, 9 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 2 g protein