- Cut fish into 2-ounce slices.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, shoyu, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger and wasabi paste.
- Add fish and marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
- When ready to serve, place 2 slices of fish atop an individual portion of sushi rice.
- Spoon marinade over fish and rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (includes 1 cup Sushi Rice per Serving):
510 calories, 1.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 20 mg cholesterol, greater than 2500 mg sodium, 104 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g sugar, 21 g protein
- In a rice cooker, rinse rice; drain.
- Add the water and cook rice.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir until salt dissolves; pour over hot rice and mix lightly.
Makes about 6 cups or 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 1 cup serving:
300 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, greater than 600 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 5 g protein