- Preheat electric oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin and eggs.
- Add sugar, salt, and spices.
- Stir in milk and 1 cup of the coconut.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes; lower heat to 350°F and bake about 40 to 45 more minutes or until filling is set.
- Prepare haupia pudding mix according to package directions.
- Cool slightly, then pour over pie.
- Chill until haupia is firm.
- Just before serving, spread whipped cream over pie.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
Makes 8 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (with sweetened whipped cream):
650 calories, 37 g fat, 19 g saturated fat, 110 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 42 g sugar, 12 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (WITHOUT sweetened whipped cream):
520 calories, 26 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g sugar, 11 g protein