- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Reserve half a beet and half a carrot (approximately 1/2 cup each) for the dressing.
- Place the remaining beets and carrots in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with the sea salt, and toss to coat.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved beets and carrots into a blender.
- Add the orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, ginger, shoyu, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour over vegetables, then re-cover, and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
100 calories, 4.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 1 g protein