- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Microwave the caramels and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine cake mix, butter, remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk and nuts.
- Spoon half of this mixture into prepared pan; bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and caramel mixture over the baked crust.
- Carefully spoon the remaining batter over this layer and bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate to set caramel.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
Makes 24 pieces.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
280 calories, 16 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g sugar, 4 g protein