- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add vanilla, and continue to mix.
- Add flour mixture in two batches (adding one at a time) and mix until dough starts to come together.
- Make sure to not over mix.
- Mix in furikake and arare until evenly distributed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill dough in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons or portion scoop onto baking sheet and flatten slightly.
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies (depending on size of cookies).
Optional: Place a single mini yakko arare in the center of each cookie as garnish. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per cookie:
140 calories, 7 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 1 g protein