- Over medium-high heat oil in pan.
- Sauté sausage for 2-4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms; sauté until mushrooms are softened.
- Remove from pan.
- Sauté daikon (add more oil if necessary).
- Add next four ingredients; mix well.
- Cook until mixture is reduced by a quarter.
- Reduce heat to low.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rice flour, corn starch and water.
- Add the mixture to the daikon and combine.
- Return sausage mixture to the pan and combine.
- Cook until the mixture dries out about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to an 8-inch spring form pan, lined with cheesecloth.
- Steam in a bamboo or metal steamer with dome cover for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Cut into 6 slices.
- In large pan, over medium-high, brown slices in butter about 1 minute per side.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
300 calories, 15 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 9 g protein.