- In a small saucepan, add two sticks of unsalted butter.
- Over low heat, melt butter completely, about 5 minutes.
- Skim the milk solids off the top of the melted butter.
- Measure out 3/4 cup of the clarified butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and optional red pepper flakes.
- Gently pat off any excess moisture from the shrimp and add to the flour mixture; toss gently.
- In a large skillet, add the clarified butter and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Tap off excess flour/cornstarch from the shrimp and place in the skillet (single layer only, do not overcrowd).
- Cook shrimp for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken broth, vinegar, and salt to the shrimp and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Place shrimp on a platter cover with the remaining butter garlic sauce and squeeze a wedge of lemon over the shrimp.
- Serve with hot rice and lemon wedges on the side.
Makes 2 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including rice):
1280 calories, 88 g fat, 55 g saturated fat, 600 mg cholesterol, greater than 3500 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 45 g protein