- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Butter the inside of spring-form pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stirring frequently until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa powder and salt until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until they form stiff peaks, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir egg yolks into cooled chocolate mixture, then stir in about a quarter of the whipped egg whites.
- Scrape chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped egg whites and gently fold until mostly combined (some streaks of egg white is okay).
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until the center of the cake no longer wiggles, 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan, on a wire rack (the cake will deflate slightly).
- Unlock pan and dust top of cake with cocoa powder.
- Cut into slices and serve with raspberry compote.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine raspberries, blackberries, sugar, water and lime juice.
- Cook until you can crush the berries with the back of a spoon, 5-10 minutes.
- Cook for another 5 minutes to thicken a bit.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
330 calories, 17 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 125 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g sugar, 6 g protein