- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, sausage, and onions and cook until sausage pieces are browned and onion is caramelized; remove from pan.
- In the same pan add the kale and cook until wilted and tender, adding a little water if necessary.
- While the kale is cooking, add the pasta to the boiling water.
- When the kale is cooked, add the sausage, onions, and tomatoes to the pan.
- Taste; season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Add pasta to the sauté pan; toss pasta with vegetables and sausage, adding a little of the pasta cooking water if the pasta looks a little dry.
- Sprinkle with parsley and toss again.
- Place pasta onto 4 serving dishes and serve immediately, passing the Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
300 calories, 9 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 15 g protein