- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
- On baking sheet, roll out pastry into a 14-by-11-inch rectangle.
- Arrange pear and fig slices over pastry, in slightly overlapping layers, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Brush fruit with egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir, until butter is melted, and mixture is thoroughly combined and runny, about 2 minutes; set aside.
- Remove tart from oven; brush fruit lightly with about one-third of the maple syrup mixture.
- Continue baking until fruit is tender and pastry is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- If more browning is desired, heat broiler and place tart under broiler for 30 seconds at a time, watching it carefully to prevent burning, until desired color.
- Remove tart from oven; brush fruit with remaining maple syrup mixture.
- Let cool slightly.
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
- Cut into slices and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream):
430 calories, 23 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g sugar, 5 g protein