- Place chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine flour and cornstarch and sprinkle over chicken; massage to combine.
- Heat oil on medium and fry chicken until crispy.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, shoyu, and ginger in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil until liquid reduces by half.
- Add in honey and reduce heat; simmer until thick.
- Pour the thick sauce over chicken tossing lightly to coat each piece.
- Sprinkle on peanuts, sesame seeds, and chili or garlic.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Instead of buying them at the store, sesame seeds can easily be toasted at home. Toast raw sesame seeds in a hot pan over medium heat. Turn stove off when they start to turn brown. The remaining heat in the pan will brown the sesame seeds slightly more. To serve, put some seeds into the palms of your hands and crush them into a coarse powder onto your food.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on chicken drumettes):
700 calories, 34 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, greater than 650 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 61 g sugar, 26 g protein