- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Trim the greens off carrots, leaving about 1-inch at the top if desired.
- Peel and wash carrots. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots with the thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add coffee, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Cook until glaze is reduced to approximately half, about 5 minutes.
- Remove carrots from oven and pour glaze over carrots, tossing to coat.
- Return carrots to oven for an additional 10-12 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking time.
- The carrots are done when they are tender, but not yet completely soft.
- Remove from the oven and serve while still warm.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
110 calories, 4.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 1 g protein