- In a medium, deep skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil until hot.
- Fry one tortilla at a time over moderately high heat until lightly golden on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat grill pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and chipotle chile powder.
- Season with salt.
- Grill shrimp over medium-high heat, turning once, until they are browned in spots and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss cabbage with tomato, green onions, sour cream and lime juice and season with salt.
- Set tortillas on plates and top with cabbage slaw, shrimp, avocado, radishes and Chinese parsley.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
TIP: Chipotle is a smoked dried jalapeno pepper and the key ingredient used in many Mexican and Southwestern dishes. It combines spiciness with a distinct smoky flavor most commonly found in powder form.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
360 calories, 11 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 130 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 24 g protein