- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel; pound chicken with meat tenderizer to flatten; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 cup flour; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, place eggs, beat.
- Just before cooking, add an ice cube to make the egg wash cold; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, add ½ cup flour, panko, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- In a large deep sauté pan, heat about two cups oil on medium heat.
- To test if oil is hot, sprinkle a few panko crumbs in the oil, and if it sizzles, then it’s ready.
- Lightly coat a piece of chicken with flour, dip it into the egg wash, then coat with the flour-panko mixture; pat mixture into chicken.
- Place carefully into hot oil.
- Repeat for remaining pieces.
- Cook on both sides until medium brown.
- Remove from oil and place on drying rack with newspaper underneath to absorb oil drippings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per chicken serving:
490 calories, 26 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 200 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 3 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
450 calories, 27 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 130 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 27 g protein