- Remove bones from chicken; slice meat in thin strips.
- Combine egg white, cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of the sherry; add chicken and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat oil.
- Stir-fry chicken until lightly browned.
- Add green pepper and bamboo shoots; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Combine sugar, salt, the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, and the remaining 1 tablespoon sherry.
- Pour over hot mixture; cook 1/2 minute.
- Arrange on serving dish with lettuce.
- To serve, each person uses fingers to take a lettuce leaf, spoons some of the chicken mixture into it, and rolls the leaf around the mixture before eating it.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (without skin):
150 calories, 8 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 14 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (with skin):
200 calories, 13 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 15 g protein