- Place chicken in a large pot with water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook chicken until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain chicken, cover and refrigerate until cool enough to shred.
- While chicken is cooling bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add broccoli and boil for 2 to 3 minutes and drain.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In baking dish, spread rice in an even layer.
- Layer broccoli over rice. In a large bowl, mix soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, shredded chicken, half the shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture over broccoli and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
400 calories, 26 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 24 g protein