- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together chia seeds and milk.
- Let mixture sit for about 10 minutes, or until chia seeds have created a nice gel-like consistency.
- Pour seed gel into a medium sized mixing bowl and add in bananas, oats, coconut, almond butter and cinnamon until well combined.
- Gently stir in the dried fruit and chocolate chunks.
- Scoop out dough by round tablespoons onto cookie sheet; flatten dough slight using a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly browned; cool.
Makes 15 cookies.
Tip: Studies have shown that to get the most out of chia seeds is to eat them ground. An easy and convenient way to do this is grinding them in a clean coffee grinder for only a few seconds. Chia seeds have a high fat content, so if you grind them too long, it will turn into butter. Also, chia seeds absorb water up to 9 times their weight when soaked, so used them unwashed.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per cookie:
70 calories, 3 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 1 g protein