- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer combine flour, butter, and brown sugar.
- Mix until fine particles are formed.
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping.
- Press remainder in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In same mixer bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Beat well.
- Spread over partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and then cut into squares.
Makes 16 squares.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
170 calories, 12 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 3 g protein