- Remove legs from shrimp but leave the shell intact.
- Cut the shrimp along the outer curved edge, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, pour over shrimp and marinate for at least one hour.
- Place shrimp into a "carry-along" container (e.g. an ice chest) and take it with you to your gathering.
- Cook on an outdoor grill.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate nutrient analysis per serving USING SHRIMP:
560 calories, 38 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 200 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 45 g protein
Approximate nutrient analysis per serving USING CHICKEN:
460 calories, 31 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 350 mg cholesterol, about 1000 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 36 g protein