- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to boil, reduce to low heat, stirring frequently.
- Do not let it burn.
- Cook until a thick sauce forms like the consistency of caramel.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Roll into bited-size balls; chill.
- Roll balls in coating of choice.
- May also be used as a dessert sauce.
Makes about 36 bited-size balls or about 3-1/2 cups.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per bite-sized ball (based on 36 bite-size balls and no covering items):
80 calories, 6 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 1 g protein