- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large baking pan, layer the bottom of the pan with half of the sliced tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes and eggplant on top and season again with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with onion and garlic, and top with remaining tomatoes.
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Uncover halfway through, toss, and continue baking until brown and cooked.
- Serve this traditional dish with feta and bread.
Makes 8 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including salt to taste):
270 calories, 21 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 3 g protein